Children need Holy Spirit too!
Jesus promised that the Father would send Holy Spirit to help believers. He would be our helper, encourager, guide, and comforter. God fulfilled that promise at Pentecost!
When the believers were accused of being drunk, Peter stood up and explained that this was what Joel was talking about in Joel 2:28. “And afterward, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.” That includes children.
I Know Children Can Be Filled with the Holy Spirit.
I was filled with the Holy Spirit when I was 12 years old. I didn’t even know there was a Holy Spirit until a girl my age moved into the house on the corner. When I went to church with her, I discovered what was missing in my life. I felt like my heart was filled with God’s love.
I’ve seen lots and lots of children baptized in the Holy Spirit.
But how can they experience the infilling of the Holy Spirit if they don’t know about Him?
They don’t! And that’s tragic.
he’s my friend
Has been since I was a child.
In this beautiful picture book:
- I explain that I have an “invisible friend”.
- This book starts with something children understand. They know the wind is real.
- I describe characteristics of the Holy Spirit, so they will get a glimpse of how wonderful He is.
- Paul’s story in Acts 19:1-6 is one of the places I take children to Scripture.
- Even though I was born again when I was a child, I was hungry for more of God.
- I explain how I learned about Holy Spirit
- Because it is so important for them to actually receive what God has for them, I help them understand how easy it is to receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit.